Etsy Checkout Revisited


I received the email last week that I could now add Etsy Direct Checkout to my shop. I added it and found out that the first payment was going to be delayed for 10 days because of adding my checking account. Every time you change your checking account information there is a 10 day delay. Then there is a 3 day delay after each order where Etsy holds your money. It seems a bit unclear but it looks like the 3 days actually starts after the item is shipped not after it is sold.

What is also unclear is how long it takes for them to make a deposit. If it is anything like PayPal it could take an additional 3 to 5 days for them to deposit your money. I have made two sales so far and it seems that the second sale fell victim to the 10 day initial hold and will not be available until after that has cleared.

There is no shipping option with Etsy as of yet, so before you start using Etsy Direct Checkout make sure you have the funds to ship packages. You can use PayPal for shipping. Just use the multi-order shipping option. I had a glitch both times that I used this option and never got the original label to print and had to wait until it was in my transaction list and reprint the label. I am using Chrome browser so that could have been part of it. But you may want to just start an account at usps.com to avoid potential hassle.

Anyhow, I will let you know the progress of how things go with Etsy Direct Checkout. If you have any experiences and would like to share please feel free to leave a comment or email me at MarketMyShop@gmail.com

0 Responses to "Etsy Checkout Revisited" (Leave A Comment)